The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is one the keys management position at the company, Inc. He/she will be responsible for management of overall operations of the company, Inc. The role comprises of tasks related to leading and managing the operations department of the company, Inc. A dynamic, committed, experienced, and highly educated personality who has at least 10 years of professional experience in international courier company will be fitting background for this position. The position reports to CEO of the company and Group CEO. We at the company strive to have a motivated, capable workforce who live our values and are proud to work for the company. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the company. Our employees are the public face of the company and we recognize and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Developing and implementing required procedures and policies in order to continuously improve operational efficiency in overall operations of the company.
2. Establishing tie up with world leading courier, mail, parcel and cargo companies
Also tie-ups with regional companies and Airlines whenever deemed appropriate.
3. Responsible for establishment and operations management of all retail locations within and outside Afghanistan.
4. Developing the strategic business plan for the company with the help of CEO, international consultant and other key management members.
5. Developing operational manual and other strategic documents to run the business efficiency.
6. Financial responsibility for revenue growth, cost control, debt collection and overall responsibility for budgetary deliverables.
7. Market intelligence gathering through monitoring competitor activities and generation and analysis of reports pertaining to the same.
8. Responsibility for monthly management review actual against target with direct reports and CEO.
9. Ensuring that operational procedures are in place to ensure safe collection and dispatch of customer’s items and maintenance of data and records thereof.
10. Applying for ISO and other international certifications and responsibility for overseeing observance of these standards once it is granted.
11. Ensuring service levels in terms of delivery and collection are met through monitoring of service levels returns.
12. Oversee management of the various operational zones including resource deployment and customer liaison to ensure that services being delivered by the operations team meet the required standards and taking necessary corrective action where necessary.
13. Ensuring proper resource utilization and rationalization including human resource.
14. Maintain operation data on daily and monthly transaction for management decision as and when required.
15. Participation in budgeting and budget implementation process.
16. To organize the operational structure, procedures and resources and ensure effective sourcing, induction, training and development of operational staff in order to optimize the performance of people.
17. To motivate employees to achieve objectives and increase their job satisfaction.
18. To encourage and develop new ideas for procedures and systems in order to continuously improve the ability of the operational system to promote service to customers.
19. To manage, measure, review and take corrective action in order to ensure that inbound & outbound service quality meets customer requirements and company standards.
20. To ensure all pickups are performed on time to meet committed service standards and the documentation is correct.
21. To ensure timely and accurate communication of information that affects service quality.
22. To manage and ensure strict compliance of security procedures and regulations for road and air operations.
23. To manage and control costs whilst ensuring that operational service standards are continuously met in order to achieve budgets.
24. To ensure costs are regularly reviewed against agreed budget targets. As a member of the management team, he/she will be expected to prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation as required.
25. Travel within and outside Afghanistan.
26. Attend business meeting, conferences, and other events within and outside Afghanistan.
27. Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
28. This position manages the senior executive team and is responsible for the performance management and input regarding hiring of senior-level management.
• An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
• This position will report to CEO of the company and Group CEO.
1. Master in Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Operations Management or Marketing, Master in Commerce (M.COM), or related degrees PhD holders will be proffered.
2. Extra diploma in shipping, courier management or operations management is an advantage.
• 10 years of professional experience with international or national organizations. Private sectors experience especially in courier and shipping industry is highly desirable.
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Results Driven
• Communication Proficiency.
• Financial Management
• Strong international courier company experience
• Good IT & Computing knowledge
• Honest, committed, hardworking and open to learn.
TRAVELS TO PROVINCES
Require Travels to Provinces
Afghanistan – Kabul
Master’s Degree, Management
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
/ Supply Chain